HOW DO I USE oils?
There are so many wonderful uses for essential oils. Click on each oil below to learn some of the ways that you can use essential oils to benefit your health and well being! For safety precautions and general use instructions click here. To Purchase Oils, click here!
Essential oils, when diffused, can be very stimulating, while others can be calming and soothing. Diffusing essential oils can also cleanse and purify the air.
Essential oils are easily absorbed by the skin and many can be safely applied topically when used in conjunction with a carrier oil, such as Fractionated Coconut Oil.
Certain essential oils have a rich culinary history and can be used as dietary supplements supporting a variety of healthy conditions.
1. Dilute oils before using them on children and pets. Keep them out of reach of children to avoid discomfort from improper use.
2. Do not use or recommend the use of photosensitizing essential oils (primarily citrus oils) prior to going into the sun or a tanning booth. It is recommended that you avoid sun exposure for 12 hours after applying photosensitizing essential oils to the skin.
3. Avoid prolonged used of the same essential oil especially oregano.
4. Avoid the use of essential oils you know nothing about on others. Research and get to know the oil prior to using it on others.
5. Avoid the use of undiluted essential oils on the skin. While many people can tolerate neat applications, it is best to apply essential oils with a carrier oil when using directly on the skin.
6. If you suspect someone may be sensitive to specific essential oils or if they have known allergies or sensitivities, it is wise to perform a skin patch test to ensure they respond favorably. Again, use a carrier oil.
7. Know the safety data on each essential oil and place into context of use and knowledge.
8. Use caution when using essential oils on a woman who suspects she is pregnant or has been trying to become pregnant. Many are beneficial and pose no risk, however, each woman is unique and pregnancy itself requires more specific attention.
9. Keep essential oils away from the eyes. Should you get them in your eyes, apply coconut oil to the eyes to soothe. Avoid rinsing with water.
10. Essential oils are highly flammable substances and should be kept away from direct contact with flames, such as candles, fire, matches, cigarettes, and gas cookers.
11. Children under the age of 7 years old should avoid ingesting essential oils. Do not ingest essential oils if they are synthetic or if they contain pestitcides or chemicals. Make sure the oils you choose have been rigorously tested for purity.
12. Use essential oils 1-2 drops at a time. They are highly effective in small doses applied more frequently.
13. When in doubt, use reference guides and common sense.